Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Top Ten

Top Ten Things I Love Most About My Kids

1. The good morning and good night hugs and kisses I get, like I won't see them ever again.


2. Laying in bed in the morning with them and watching them watch TV like it's teaching them as they watch.


3. Not being able to yell at them without cracking up because they're giving you the "I'm trying my hardest to make you laugh" look.

Chase yelling back at me that it's not fair, and the face he gives like he's dead serious. And then the face he gives me when I crack up laughing because I think it's hilarious.

4. Watching them play with the imaginations they have.

Shane yelling "beep, beep, beep" as he backs up while running around with a dump truck. Chase telling me he needs this or that to build a ramp or a building for his trucks.

5. Watching your baby grow, in general. From carrying them around for 9 months, to caring for them as an infant, to them becoming a toddler to a preschooler is just amazing. All of the steps you go through, from feeding them to them feeding themselves, to you talking to them and telling them what things are to them telling you what things are (Shane: "Mom wook! Airpane!"). To disciplining them so they are good kids with huge imaginations. I love it all. 


6. Watching in amazement as they devour their entire plate at dinner, tell you, "Mom you're the best cook EVER!" and then asked to be excused to go play, even when it's hamburger helper. 


7. Watching them sleep after they've fallen asleep and gotten tangled in the blankets. What sweaty, snoring angels.


8. Alone time with both of them is so much fun. They each act like different children. Both connected to my hip, happy to not have to fight for attention with brother.


9. The way they can trash my house in a mere 30 seconds after I just spent 2 hours cleaning it all. What talent. 


10. The way my little one just ran over to me, gave me a huge hug and said "stinky" because he needs his diaper changed. Time to go! 


LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment